Monday 13 August 2012

OPI Polish of the Week - Congeniality is my Middle Name


 

Hi! As part of the launch of the Pixel & Kolh beauty blog, I've decided to review one OPI polish per week, as I love them and therefore have a good selection to choose from :-)

This is one of my favourites... in the bottle it looks a shimmery, bright but deep pinky purple shade.
As with all OPI polishes (a reason I love them), the brush is the perfect size to cover each nail in a few strokes. I always use 4 coats, though you can get away with 2 or 3. I just think it looks better, and once I have 2 coats of top coat over the top, it's pretty indestructible!

The initial coat looks like a deep fuchsia, and it turns more purple the more coats you use. In dark conditions the polish looks like a deep berry colour. Away from direct lighting, it looks like bright/deep purple (ie striking but not garish). In direct light you can see the reflections of pink and purple, sometimes blue. Please note that it's not sparkly, it's shimmery. I've shown one photo using flash, and one without. The flash highlights absolutely everything, and it's more subdued to the naked eye, but that photo gives a better impression of the range of colours in the polish than the photo without the flash! :-)

Whenever I can't decide which polish to use, I go for this. It's bright but not over the top, it's shimmery without being sparkly, it looks GORGEOUS with a nice shiny top coat over it, it's flattering to my skin, and looks like a versatile shade that would suit many people! I'd highly recommend it, either for a special occasion, or, well... not ;-)

Like all OPI polishes it lasts well. I am a bit obsessed with OPI and put 2 coats of nail envy underneath my polish and 2 over the top... Ever since I've been doing this my nails have grown ridiculously and I can go a week without fixing my manicure, you might have different experiences but I find that compared to other polishes this lasts extremely well!

All in all, a very good purchase! 

Next week I'll be reviewing OPI My Private Jet, a lovely dark number :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment