Tuesday 21 August 2012

OPI Polish of the Week - My Private Jet

As promised last week, here's my review of another OPI polish, one of my other favourites.

This polish comes out a lovely dark grey-brown, with subtle flecks of what looks (to me) like silver, white, peach and mint green! I know that sounds weird... but you can't really see the colours, there's just a lot of depth in it. The base colour is almost black, but not quite, it doesn't look flat enough. It only looks black in really low light, and comes to life when the light hits it! In normal, average daylight it looks a deep, shimmery grey. Once again, I've uploaded one photo under artificial light, another with flash to bring out the full range of tones.

I love a nice dark colour, and it makes a great change from the normal berry and burgundy shades you can find elsewhere. A really subtle, sophisticated looking polish, provided you don't chip it! A few top coats over this makes it beautifully glossy and long lasting. I'm pleased to say that the polish I blogged about last week... lasted the entire week!

Altogether a really beautiful, dark and shimmery but not over the top shade. You can take this to work if you're looking for something that's relatively conservative as it's not glittery. And provided it's lasted the week is a great disco polish ;-) which, like I say, really catches the light well. Very versatile :-)

Next week, I'll be reviewing... something a little lighter, and calmer than I've posted about the past few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment